Students visit Victorian Sydney through the pages of the much-beloved book, Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park. Students will relate to the history of 1873 through this experience.
- 1.5 Hours Per Student
A Significant Story of British Colonisation
Let the story of British Colonisation and its impact on the Eora people unfold for students. Our resources of A3 images help bring early Sydney to life together with the narrative skills of our guides.
Topics covered within the tour include:
- How the Industrial Revolution influenced the transportation of convicts to Australia and the migration of free settlers
- First contact between the Eora and British
- The impact of convicts and free settlers on the Indigenous peoples of the regions occupied
- Significant people and events that fashioned the British penal colony
- Changes in the way of life for the convicts and emancipists.
- Relevant sites in the development of Sydney